Monday 6 October 2014

How I got rid of my acne!


Due to my hundreds of visits to doctors and dermatologists through the years, you could say I am an expert on acne. I've had all the creams, medication, gels, washes and spent SO much money on trying to clear my skin but everything that was supposed to work, just left me dissapointed. 
This blog post is going to be on how I eventually cleared up my acne.

DIET
Diet is a crucial part in your skin. I remember how doctors used to tell me that your diet had no effect on your skin but this is NOT TRUE! Nearly every time I'd eat some chocolate or a bug, greasy kebab my skin would come out in loads of spots the next day. It's best to keep fatty foods to a minimum if you are trying to clear up your skin. The best thing you could do is to have a healthy balanced diet, making sure you eat as many fruit and vegetables as you can as these play a crucial part in clearing up your skin.

DRINKING
DRINK WATER!! I'm sure everyone will tell you how drinking water will improve your skin but they're completely right! When I drink atleast 2 litres of water I will notice a huge difference in my skin, it also reduces the amount of tinkles you will have when you're older so theres a win-win for ya'. Also, drinking green tea reduces acne, I found that having a cup of green tea a day took the redness in my skin down and made me feel a lot healthier. I can also reccomend drinking honey and lemon in hot water as the acid in the lemon will reduce scarring. I'm not too sure what the honey does but I know it's a very brilliant natural resource on clearing acne. It also tastes brill!
Alcohol was a BIG no-no for me as even if I had the smallest amount I would be full of spots the next day which made me feel awful! This is as it increases your hormone levels causing you to break-out!

SKIN CARE ROUTINE
Once you find a good skincare routine that does not irritate your skin or make it worse- stick to it! If you use many different products it may cause your skin to react badly and possible make your acne worse. The skincare I use is the Clinique 3-step anti blemish kit, which I find works wonders for me. Also make sure you exfoliate once a week with a light exfoliate to remove any dead skin, make sure it's not too harsh as this may irritate your skin more. 

MAKEUP
If you have acne, like me, you probabily want to shovel foundation all over your face to cover up your acne but I have actually found that less is more. The more foundation I tend to put on, the worse my skin will look, It probabily increases the size of my spots by about 50%. Try and use mineral foundations as these are less likely to worsen your acne and do not look heavy. I use bare minerals which is dermatologically tested and is brilliant at covering up acne.

DON'T STRESS!
When I stress I break out SO much! All I can say to this one is just try and stay chilled out as much as possible, light some candles, have a bubble bath- whatever calms you down when your stressed DO IT! Because remember the stress is having an impact on your skin.

CLEAN EVERYTHING
I can not state how important it is to clean anything that comes in contact with your skin which will come in contact with it again. Makeup brushes, pillow cases, your hands, flannels, EVERYTHING THAT TOUCHES YOUR FACE- CLEAN IT! Also try to touch your face as little as possible as the bacteria in your hands will get into your pores causing... yes you guessed it, MORE SPOTS.

P.s
I'm not saying that these tips will work for you also, but it's worth giving them a try. Remember your skin does not define who you are and it should not change you. No body is perfect and skin problems are just a little something that God has given you to stop you from being too beautiful

4 comments:

  1. great post, I've been having some trouble with my skin lately so this is really helpful! Totally agree about drinking lots of water, would really love if you could check out my fashion blog? :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this! So many people think it's about using products to get rid of acne and I've yet to find one that works! It's all about getting back to basics - eating right, keeping clean and staying hydrated! xo

    anotherweekendinthecity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thankyou so much! and I agree, I spent so long looking for different products, but as soon as i changed my diet i noticed a huge difference in my skin!
    I'll have a look at your blog now x

    ReplyDelete